Bloodfest offers 4 Men’s Divisions, 3 Women’s Divisions, and 3 High School Divisions:
Premier – Men and Women – $1,000 cash prize (each division)*
Open – Men
Social – Men and Women
Super Social – Men and Women
High School Elite – Boys (U18) – $1,000 cash prize*
High School Open – Boys and Girls
Bloodfest is a USA Rugby sanctioned event. Your entire roster must be CIPPed with USA Rugby with a L200 coach or higher or obtain a tour permit if traveling from abroad.
- Early bird discounts are available! We are offering 2018 pricing while it’s still 2018. (savings of $50 in all adult brackets, $30 in high school Open brackets). This opportunity ends 1/31/2019.
- Teams travelling from outside North America will receive $100 off (email firstname.lastname@example.org for unique discount code before registering).
- Team that travels the farthest plays for free (refunded after the tournament).
- In the event that Bloodfest 7s is named a national qualifier for Texas Rugby Union, your Premier team will have the option to receive a refund for the difference of TRU mandated prices and Bloodfest prices and forfeit right to cash prize. This announcement is usually made by TRU around April 2019.
The Refund Policy:
We get it. The posse can be fickle or you may not even know your 7s season schedule yet. Heck, we don’t even know if we’re a national qualifier yet! That’s why we have a generous refund policy and will send you a reminder via email as each refund date approaches.
Prior to May 15th – Full Refund
Between May 15th and June 7th – 50% Refund
After June 7th – No Refund
In 22 years we’ve never been rained out, but we’ve certainly come close. In the event of weather-related tournament cancellation, your team will receive free entry to Bloodfest 2020.
*Tournament prizes are paid first via entry refund, and the balance payable as a donation to the program, not to individual players to avoid potential issues with NCAA amateurism rules.
Welcome to Austin, the live-music capital of the world! As Austin is a bustling music and tourist destination, we encourage you to make your travel and lodging arrangements as soon as possible.
Leave your car keys at home, our friends at Lyft have got you covered! Enter code BFEST18 into the ‘Promos’ section of your Lyft app or claim your coupon here for 20% off your ride to/from the event: https://www.lyft.com/invite/bfest18
We are excited to host Bloodfest 2018 at Round Rock’s new Multipurpose Sports Complex! Although we have a new venue, the rules remain the same. For more details, visit their website.
- Place all trash in trash cans.
- Drink responsibly; including more water.
- Alcohol must remain in the fixture. Outside alcohol is prohibited.
- DO NOT provide minors with alcohol.
- Avoid profanity, our kids are watching.
- Public nudity will not be tolerated unless allowed by a paramedic.
- Fighting will not be tolerated.
- Only Service Animals allowed.
- Metal cleats are not allowed.
Bloodfest 7s is a rugby tournament hosted in Austin, Texas every June. Named for our involvement with community partner We Are Blood, who has been providing and protecting the blood supply of Central Texas since 1951.
We’ve been around since June 19, 1998. In 2019 we had 83 teams mostly from around the southern United States, and also teams as far away as New York, California, and Canada coming to give Bloodfest their best go. With brackets for all rugby players, your team can experience the “big tent” philosophy of the host Austin Huns.
As we’ve added brackets, we’ve outgrown our britches 3 times since the tournament’s inception! In 2019 we relocated to a state-of-the-art facility in Round Rock, Texas (20 miles north of downtown Austin), called the Round Rock Multipurpose Complex. The facility is home to one of the best rugby pitches in the entire country, and has hosted inaugural Major League Rugby matches and regional qualifiers alike.
Bloodfest 7s is a spectator event and festival. Rugby has been the fastest-growing team sport in the United States for several years. It is a global sport in the world, and it also happens to be one of the newest Summer Olympic sports. As opposed to 15s, 7s is a very fast paced version of rugby, and a match only lasts 14 minutes. Each squad will play over 4 matches in a single tournament. Remember you don’t need to know all the rules to stop by and have a beer and watch one of the world’s oldest sports. All sports fans are welcome here!
Bloodfest serves as the primary annual fundraiser for Huns Rugby Football Club, a 501(c)3 nonprofit that serves a wide range of rugby players from co-ed Youth to Men’s, and over-35 Senior rugby. We have a close relationship with the Rock Rugby and the Austin Valkyries, who contribute to the tournament’s success.
2001 N Kenney Fort Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78665